How often should you get chemical peel treatments done?
97 found this useful
One of the best-kept beauty secrets about flawless and youthful skin has to be regular chemical peels. But what are these peels and how do they work? Well, chemical peel treatments involve chemical solutions that are applied to the topmost layer of the skin. These chemicals help exfoliate the skin and promote the growth of new skin cells. This way, your skin appears fresher, more radiant and smoother.
How important are chemical peels for your skin?
There are three main types of chemical peels: superficial peels, medium peels, and deep peels. Each of these peel types offers several important benefits to the skin. Here are the main chemical peel benefits you should know about:
- Improves skin texture
- Brightens complexion
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots
- Treats and reduces acne scars
- Stimulates collagen production
- Works on sun damage, deep scars and severe pigmentation
- Give even-toned, smooth-textured skin with a youthful glow
Where can you get a chemical peel?
Chemical peel treatments are done in skin clinics by dermatologists or estheticians and by specialised skin services like skin clinics, medical spas etc. Since chemical peels involve the usage of complex chemicals, only well-trained and qualified professionals have the experience to understand your skin, assess your skin concerns and safely do a chemical peel treatment that suits it.
Of course, there are many superficial and mild chemical peel-at-home kits also available today. They come with all the ingredients and instructions for a simple and smooth chemical peel at home. However, for best results and excellent service, it is best to either visit your dermatologist or choose a trusted skin service like skinnsi. makeO skinnsi is a leading skincare brand that offers several kinds of skin-loving procedures out of which chemical peels are one of the best ones. Our skinnsi peel is a rejuvenating process for your skin that fights acne, pulls out excess oil and dirt from clogged pores, reduces dullness, pigmentation and marks and promotes glowing and even-toned smooth skin!
How often should you get a chemical peel?
Now that you know what a chemical peel is and how it helps your skin, you must be thinking, ‘When should I get a chemical peel?’ Before you sign up for a chemical peel, you should visit a skin specialist to check if your skin is ready for a chemical peel. Here are some additional pointers to help you decide the right time to get a peel and how often one must get a peel.
- Always sign up for a chemical peel in the rainy or winter months of the year to avoid the sun and reduce the risk of skin irritation. It is necessary to keep your treated skin safe from UV rays which is why all skin clinics and professionals suggest the cooler seasons to be the best time to get a chemical peel.
- If you opt for superficial peels, you can get them done very often as they are safe to do every 2-4 weeks.
- If you are choosing medium to deep peels for your skin, you must note that they are much stronger and more intensive which means that they require more downtime for skin healing. This means that medium peels can be done every 3-6 weeks and deep peels can be done once every few years. The exact time depends on your lifestyle and the time your skin takes to heal!
- It’s best to leave it to the professionals to determine the perfect time for you to get your next chemical peel treatment since they are trained, qualified and can study your skin and provide the right answer.
Can’t find the right skin service to get a chemical peel? Choose makeO skinnsi peel, a chemical peel at home, but done by trained professionals. Our chemical peel treatment is entirely safe and dermatologically backed. It removes dirt and excess oil from clogged pores and nourishes the skin to leave behind clean, gleaming and soft skin.
Tips for post-peel aftercare
- Avoid sun exposure as treated skin must be protected from UV damage.
- Apply sunscreen regularly
- Use gentle cleansers and other skin care products
- And going for regular check-ups to ensure your skin’s health is also important.
In short, chemical peel treatments are perfect for all kinds of skin types and skin concerns. Since these treatments use chemicals, they can target many skin concerns and revive your skin’s glow and texture. The right time to do a chemical peel is in the cooler months to avoid sun exposure. And the best time for you to do your peel should be at least 2-4 weeks away from your first! And if you’re still unsure, it’s best to consult a professional to find the right date.
When should I consider a chemical peel?
November through February is the best time to get a chemical peel as these are the colder months of the year so your skin will not face UV damage.
How long do chemical peel results last?
The results of a chemical peel depend on the type of peel done. If you do a superficial or medium peel, you can expect results to last for a few months. But if you do a deep peel, the results will last forever.
Who should avoid a chemical peel?
People who are
- Suffering from severe acne
- Suffering a sunburn
- On certain medication
- Retinoid users
Is a chemical peeling painful?
No, chemical peel treatments are not painful. The chemicals used in such treatments have been tested and are safe on the skin. You might feel a slight tingling sensation but not pain during a peel treatment.
other related articles