Soap Vs Face Wash: Which is Better?
78 found this useful
Still using soap to wash your face every day? You might be tempted to lather your face with the same soap you use for your body but is it the right route to follow? Even today, many people use regular soap to wash their face instead of investing in a face wash.
The debate of soap vs face wash is not new. However, we are here to solve this common skincare dilemma for you once and for all. Keep reading to understand the difference between soap and face wash and which one you must add to your daily skincare routine to get flawless, smooth, and supple skin.
Why Do You Need to Wash Your Face Daily?
Your face is believed to be one of the most delicate parts of your body. Hence, it goes without saying that it is crucial that you take extra care of it. You must use a gentle face cleanser for your face which will help you get rid of dirt, dust, dead skin, and other impurities to which your face is perpetually exposed.
Here are a few reasons why you must wash your face every day.
- It helps to get rid of dead skin cells and unclog your skin pores.
- It helps to get rid of free radicals which are known to cause your skin to age faster.
- People with acne-prone skin need to wash their face daily as it helps to kill bacteria and reduce sebum production and prevent further skin damage
Uses of Facewash & Soap
While it is okay to use soap to clean the rest of your body, dermatologists today recommend that you invest in a mild face wash that will help to clean your face without stripping it off of its natural oils. A soap is too drying and harsh for your face and hence you must use a face wash to cleanse your face daily.
Now, shop for a dermatologist-approved face wash for your skin type from makeO skin(formely skinnsi) and get flawless and gorgeous skin.
Soap Vs Face Wash: Which One is Better?
Soap or face wash which is better? Here is a quick table that mentions the difference between soap and face wash and will help you decide for yourself.
- It is good to clean the rest of your body.
- It has a high pH level which is harsh on your face.
- You have limited options when it comes to choosing a soap bar depending on your skin type.
- It will further make your face drier.
- It is formulated to cleanse your face.
- It has a comparatively low pH level and is good for your face.
- There are a plethora of options when it comes to choosing a face wash for your skin type.
- A gentle face wash will moisturise your skin and clean it without stripping away its natural oil
Why Is Soap Not Good for Your Face?
Dermatologists recommend people switch from a soap bar to a face wash for cleansing their face every day. There are several reasons why a face wash is better than soap.
Here are some primary reasons why you must avoid using a soap bar for your face and why a face wash is better than soap.
- It is too harsh for your delicate face
- It is known to disrupt your face’s pH level, strip away natural oils, and destroy your skin’s protective barrier. This makes your skin feel irritated, tight, and dry.
- Using soap for your face can accelerate your skin’s production of natural oil and make your face appear greasier and lead to acne breakouts and pimples.
A face wash is designed to gently cleanse your face without causing any skin damage. Hence, dermatologists recommend that you study your skin type and then invest in a face wash that is formulated specially to suit your skin type.
Looking for a one-stop destination to shop for face wash, serums, sheet masks, and other skincare products? makeO skin(formely skinnsi) is the answer to all your skincare woes and dilemmas. You can now book yourself an at-home skin care treatment right from acne treatment, hydra facial, and derma facial to an oil control or glow treatment and enjoy an in-clinic-like treatment at your convenience.
FAQs on Difference between Soap and Facewash
How does a face wash help you to get better skin?
A face wash helps to get rid of excess oil and grime which makes your face break out and look dull and lifeless.
Does your soap make your face age faster?
Since soap makes your skin look and feel dry, it can promote early signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles.
How often should you use a face wash?
Ideally, you must cleanse your face once or twice a day with a gentle face wash that is suited for your skin type.
Is face wash necessary daily?
Yes, dermatologists recommend you invest in a face wash for everyday use as just water is not enough to get rid of the impurities like dirt, sweat, dead skin cells, and bacteria from your face.
Which face wash is best for sensitive skin?
If you have extremely sensitive skin, then we recommend that you pick a face wash that is free from chemicals, fragrance, and alcohol which might further irritate your skin.
other related articles