Hair Revival: How to Use Derma Roller For Hair
87 found this useful
We all adore those luscious, healthy locks that seem to personify beauty and health. And while there are myriad methods available for hair growth - from age-old homemade remedies, and hair transplants, to the use of OTC medications, the path to achieving thick, healthy hair isn't always straightforward.
But have you heard about the innovative approach of using a derma roller for hair growth? Let's delve into the world of dermarolling and understand how it can make your hair dreams come true.
What is a Derma Roller for Hair?
A derma roller is a handheld device with hundreds of tiny needles attached to a rolling pin. It might sound intimidating, but it's not as scary as it seems.
When rolled over your scalp, these needles create micro-punctures on the skin surface, which in turn stimulate blood flow and the natural process of wound healing. This procedure is also known as microneedling. Intriguingly, these controlled injuries encourage the production of proteins that are vital for hair growth. The dermaroller for hair is an innovative tool that can change your hair game entirely.
How to Use Derma Roller for Hair?
Learning how to use a derma roller for hair is not as complex as it might seem.
- Start with a clean and wet scalp.
- Sterilise your derma roller to avoid any infections or side effects.
- You can choose to divide your hair into sections for easy accessibility. Parting the hair ensures that the derma roller does not get stuck in knots.
- Roll the dermaroller for hair growth gently over your scalp in different directions - horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, but be sure not to drag or pull.
- You can safely roll over an area 4-5 times.
- Ensure you start slowly to avoid injuries.
- Repeat this process across your scalp for about 5-10 minutes, ensuring you're not causing unnecessary discomfort.
- Once you are done with rolling the derma roller on your scalp, it will be more susceptible to other hair growth products. For people suffering from severe hair loss, you can now go in with minoxidil. Else, you can use hair oils like rosemary oil, castor oil etc.
- Make sure to sterilise your roller after usage and store it in a clean container. Remember, the aim here is rejuvenation, not torture!
Oils to Pair with Derma Rolling
To amplify the effect of the hair growth roller, pair it with nourishing hair oils. These oils will open up pores and seep into the micro-punctures created by the roller and enhance hair growth by providing essential nutrients.
Castor oil, rosemary oil, and peppermint oil are all excellent choices. Remember to heat the oil slightly before massaging it onto your scalp. This warm oil massage post-derma rolling can do wonders for your scalp health and hair growth.
Tips to Safely Use a Derma Roller for Hair
Safety is paramount when it comes to using a derma roller for hair.
- Clean your derma roller before and after every use to avoid infections.
- Sterilising your derma roller before and after can help keep your derma roller clean.
- Make sure you don't apply too much pressure when rolling it on your scalp. It should feel slightly prickly but not painful.
- Most importantly, listen to your body. If you experience any severe discomfort or see signs of inflammation, stop using the derma roller immediately and seek professional advice.
- Not sure which kind of derma roller you should use for your hair? Consult an expert. Only a doctor will be the most credible source to understand your needs and suggest the right derma roller for you.
Alternative Hair Growth Methods You Should Know About
While dermarolling is an efficient hair growth method, it's not the only one. Other techniques include mesotherapy, where vitamins and other essential nutrients are injected into the scalp to boost hair growth. There are also laser therapies, which use light energy to stimulate hair growth. However, these methods might be a bit more expensive and require professional help, unlike the DIY-friendly derma roller.
The journey to luscious, healthy hair isn't always straightforward, but a hair growth roller or derma roller for hair growth could be your trusty companion. This innovative tool can open doors to better hair health and growth when paired with the right hair oils and used with appropriate safety measures. Remember, everyone's hair journey is unique, and what works for one might not work for others. So, be patient and consistent with your efforts!
1. How often should I use a derma roller for hair?
You can use the derma roller for hair about 1-2 times a week, depending on your comfort level and how your scalp responds.
2. Can I use the derma roller for hair on my entire scalp?
You can use the derma roller on your entire scalp, focusing more on the areas where you notice thinning or balding.
3. Does using a derma roller for hair hurt?
When used correctly, the process should cause minimal discomfort. It might feel a bit prickly but not painful.
4. Is the hair growth roller only for people with hair loss?
Not at all! Anyone wishing to boost their hair growth or improve scalp health can benefit from using a hair growth roller.
5. Can I use any oil with the Dermaroller for hair growth?
While most hair oils can provide some benefit, it's best to use oils known for promoting hair growth like castor oil, peppermint oil, or rosemary oil.
other related articles