How to Use A Dermaroller at Home Like a Pro?
92 found this useful
Gone are the days when dermarolling was done only by dermatologists. Today, you can carry out dermarolling on your own with the right type of dermaroller. Dermarolling is an effective non-invasive way to rejuvenate your skin and breathe back life into your dull skin.
Curious to know more about dermarolling and how to do it the right way? Like always, we are here for you. In this article, we share with you what dermarolling is, the benefits of it, and how to use it in a way that you can reap maximum benefits out of it.
What is dermarolling?
Dermarolling is a process in which you use a sterile dermaroller, which is a skincare device that has small needles on it to reduce your acne scars and improve your skin’s health. The best part about dermarolling is that you can do it from the convenience of your home and it doesn’t require any downtime.
Benefits of a dermaroller
There are a plethora of benefits of a dermaroller. It primarily increases your skin’s collagen production which is responsible for making your face look fresh and supple. It helps to combat early signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines and helps to tighten your skin and help it regain its elasticity.
Did you know that you can also reduce your pore size or sebum production with dermarolling and in turn will help to prevent future acne breakouts?
How to use a dermaroller?
Wondering how to use a dermaroller on your face the correct way at home? Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you make the most of dermarolling.
- Before you start the process, it is important that you soak your dermaroller in 70% isopropyl alcohol for about 5-10 minutes.
- After this, make sure that you wash your face with a pH-balanced face wash or cleanser.
- Apply a numbing cream on your face if you have low pain tolerance. However, make sure that you wipe off the cream before you begin the actual process of dermarolling.
- Always work in sections when you are dermarolling and it is best to avoid your eye socket area.
- The mantra is to roll your dermaroller in one direction for 3-4 times, adjust and then repeat in another section of your face. Remember to always lift up your roller while rolling to avoid scarring because of the high pressure of the needles, referred to as ‘ tram track’ scarring.
- Make sure that after dermarolling you wash your face with just water.
- After this, clean your dermaroller with a detergent and follow this step by disinfecting it with 70% isopropyl alcohol for 10 minutes before you store it in a case properly.
- After your skin has recovered considerably, you can use makeO skin(formely skinnsi) face sheet masks to soothe your skin as an aftercare step.
Which derma roller should you use?
This depends on your skin issue and what you want your dermaroller to achieve. If you want your dermaroller to reduce your acne scars, get rid of blemishes and reduce your skin pores, then a dermaroller with a needle length of 0.5 to 1.0mm is recommended by most dermatologists.
How often should you derma roll your face?
This depends entirely on the length of the needles you use and your skin’s sensitivity. Typically, a dermaroller with a 0.5mm needle can be used every other day and one with a needle length of 0.5mm can be used about two or three times a week.
Get glowing skin with makeO skin(formely skinnsi)
Want to get glowing and radiant skin from the comfort of your abode? Look no further and book yourself any of makeO skin(formely skinnsi) advanced skin treatments and get the skin of your dreams. From acne scar reduction, derma facial to hydra facial treatment, you are spoilt for choices at makeO skin(formely skinnsi).
Check out our website to browse through a wide array of superior quality skin care products like face masks, acne spot treatments and other skincare essentials that will make your skin glow from the inside out.
Who should not use a dermaroller?
Dermatologists recommend people who have eczema, psoriasis, or a history of blood clots avoid using a dermaroller on their face as that might aggravate their sensitive skin.
Does a dermaroller give you clear skin?
If done the right way, using a dermaroller can help you with acne scars and improve your skin’s health.
Should I wash the dermaroller with water?
When it comes to cleaning your dermaroller, it is best to rinse it with warm water for a few seconds and then let it dry off completely before you store it inside.
Can a dermaroller help you get glowing skin?
A dermaroller helps to boost your skin’s collagen product which in turn helps to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles and improves your skin’s health and gives it a natural glow.
other related articles