all about acne scars
What are acne scars?
Acne scars are marks left behind after the acne itself has gone away. Defective collagen formation present in the deeper skin layer causes them to appear on your skin. It’s common to have acne scars. In fact, with age, they become more noticeable and some of them can even become permanent if not treated on time. However unwelcomed they may be, acne scars are part of the skin's normal healing process.
How to identify acne scars?
- - Acne scars are generally of 2 types – depressed scars and raised scars.
- - Depressed scars, also known as ice pick scars, can be shallow or deep.
- - Shallow ones can give the skin a typical wave-like appearance making it look old and loose. The deeper ones can be more deforming making the skin appear pitted.
- - Raised scars, also known as keloids, can appear quite unsightly
What causes acne scars?
- - Acne scars are a result of your body trying to heal acne
- - During the process, the body produces collagen—a substance that gives the skin support
- - Scars appear If the body produces too little or too much collagen
AMPA Orthodontics Pvt. Ltd. An ISO 13485:2016 Quality Management System certified by Zenith Quality Assessors Pvt Ltd and US FDA Cleared.© 2022 makeO. All right reserved.