What is an aligner?
Toothsi Teeth Aligner is a series of thermoforming plastic that are indicated for the treatment of Ill-aligned or Ill-formed permanent teeth during Orthodontic treatment of malocclusions by way of continuous gentle forces.
Toothsi Teeth Aligners are contraindicated for use in patients with active periodontal disease.
- Wear your Toothsi clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for best results.
- You can monitor your daily usage on Toothsi Smile Journey App.
How does an aligner work?
Aligner is a series of Thermoforming plastic appliance that incrementally moves teeth to a desired end-state. The Orthodontic tooth movement occurs through forces applied by the appliance to the dentition as each tooth follows the programmed displacement based on an Orthodontists prescription.
How are the alignment treatment plans made?
- 3D Scan
- Smile Plan
- Aligner Manufacturing
- Aligner Shipment
Living with Aligner
- Aligners are very cool & comfortable; it lets you enjoy your life hassle-free.
- You can wear the aligner and carry the aligner dry box with you anywhere. Be ready for anything from a unplanned dinner to a hot coffee with friends.
- Just remove your aligner, place it in the dry box, enjoy your drink/meal/snack and put it back on.
- Aligners are completely pain free.
- The patient may experience tenderness or temporary discomfort with the first aligner use and after switching to each new aligner.
- The aligner may passively affect speech and may result in a lisp, usually disappearing within 1-2 weeks.
- The patient may experience a temporary increase in salivation or dryness of mouth.
- The aligners may scratch or irritate the patient’s lips, cheeks or gums for initial few days.
- The patient should not wear aligners when drinking hot, sweet, or coloured liquids.
- If the patient doesn’t brush, floss correctly or consume sugary foods or beverages while wearing aligners during the treatment, it may lead to tooth decay, periodontal disease and permanent markings from decalcification and staining.
- Lack of compliance in wearing the aligners for the prescribed number of hours per day or not using the aligners as directed can increase treatment time and affect desired results.
- The patient’s teeth may shift position after treatment, to help prevent this, the patient is recommended to continue wearing retainers for a period of time suggested by Toothsi Orthodontist.
- Make sure you have the correct aligner. Each aligner is engraved with the first four letters of your name, a “U” for upper teeth or an “L” for lower teeth, followed by the stage number.
- Wear your aligners as per the Orthodontists instructions (20-22 hours daily including your sleep).
- Use Toothsi Smile Journey App to keep track of your usage and monitor your progress.
- Remove your aligners when eating snacks, meals and when drinking any liquids except for water.
- Do not chew gum while wearing your aligners.
- Handle your aligners with care. Handle ONE aligner at a time when inserting, removing or cleaning.
- If an allergic reaction occurs while wearing your aligners, discontinue use and consult your Toothsi Orthodontist immediately.
- If your aligner or an attachment is lost or broken, do not use it, contact Toothsi Contact Centre Immediately.
- Do not chew the Toothsi Teeth Aligners without placing the Aligners properly, use Chewie provided with the kit to rightly position the aligner.
Cleaning Your Aligners
Toothsi Foamy is recommended to clean your Toothsi Teeth aligners safely and effectively. Toothsi Foamy can be purchased at www.toothsi.in. Rinse your aligners every night and brush them gently to keep them fresh and clean.
- You should NOT use toothpaste or soak your aligners in mouthwash, as this can scratch or dull the plastic, adversely affecting the clarity.
- You should follow the specific directions for use provided with each Toothsi Teeth Aligners & Foamy.
- Do not swallow Toothsi Foamy.
Inserting Your Aligners
An Aligner Tray is recommended to seat your Toothsi Teeth aligners safely and effectively. Follow the instructions provided in your Toothsi Aligner kit.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling your aligners.
- Clean your aligners before you insert them.
- Insert only one aligner at a time. Trying to seat two at once, or using excessive pressure, may damage your aligners.
- Place your aligner over your teeth by hand and apply slight pressure until it is seated most of the way.
- Insert the Chewies into your mouth and position it between your upper and lower arches.
- Gently bite down on the Chewie and work your aligner into place until fully seated.
- Minor discrepancies between the new aligner and the current tooth position are normal since the teeth need time to conform to the new aligner position. If you experience sharp pain or significant discomfort, remove the aligners and inform your Toothsi Orthodontist immediately.
Removing Your Aligners
- The Retainer Retriever tool is recommended to remove your Toothsi Teeth aligners safely and effectively. Follow the instructions provided in your Toothsi Aligner Kit.
- Grasp Retainer Retriever by the end with the hole in it.
- Insert hooked end of Retainer Retriever into your mouth.
- Using the hook, gently grasp an edge of your aligner near front of mouth and pull away from the arch.
- If resistance is felt, it may be necessary to repeat the previous step in several locations along your arch. Do not use excessive force to try to remove your aligner.
- Be careful when removing your aligners, especially if there are multiple attachments.
- Do not bend, twist or use excessive force to remove your aligner as this may damage it.
- DO NOT use sharp objects to remove your aligners.
- Consult with your doctor if your aligners are extremely difficult to remove.
- To help prevent damage to your aligners, avoid unnecessary removal.
Storing and Changing Your Aligners
- To help protect your aligners from loss or damage, store them in a case when they are not in your mouth.
- You can purchase the Aligner case by logging on to www.toothsi.in.
- Use the white case to store your “backup” aligners. These are the previous set of aligners that you just finished wearing. If your “current stage” aligner is lost or broken, your doctor may recommend that you temporarily use your “backup” aligners while a replacement for the “current stage” is made.
- When it is time for your next aligner stage, shift the aligners in the cases. Throw away the old “backup” aligners. Clean and place the aligners that you just finished wearing into the white case. Use the empty blue case to store your new “current stage” aligner.
- Do not store aligners near a heat source. This may cause them to distort, resulting in improper fit in your mouth.
- In rare instances, some patients may be allergic to the thermoforming foil. Patients with a history of allergic reactions to thermoforming foil/plastics should not use this product.
- Do not use damaged or broken aligners, as their parts can be accidentally swallowed or aspirated, and may be harmful.
During treatment it is important to maintain good oral hygiene. Trapping food in your aligners during treatment can lead to decay.
- You should remove your aligners when eating or drinking any beverage other than cool water.
- You should brush and floss your teeth before inserting your aligners.
- We recommend regular dental check-ups and cleaning for the continued health of your teeth and gums.
If you have any additional questions after reading the directions to use, you can do one of the following.
- Contact Toothsi Customer Care Centre.
- Contact your Orthodontist.
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Document no. AO/TI01/R0