Bikini hair removal: The Ultimate Guide to Bikini Waxing in 2023
57 found this useful
Waxing Bikini Area
Summer is here and we know that you are already planning a beach escape and dying to wear your favourite bikini and flaunt your summer body. Want to make your trip stress-free? Why worry about shaving down there every few days, when you can simply consider booking yourself a bikini waxing appointment?
Clueless about bikini waxing and scared to take the plunge? We understand it can be intimidating, especially when it is your first time and are here for you. Continue reading as we share with you a comprehensive guide to bikini waxing that will let you in on everything that you must know before your first appointment.
What is Bikini Waxing?
Bikini waxing is nothing but removing hair from all of the areas besides the area that is covered by your bikini bottom. There are different types of bikini waxing, depending on how much hair you want to remove. While you can shave the hair down there, it may cause ingrown hair and the hair will grow back faster in comparison to waxing. So, many women today prefer waxing over shaving as it is hassle free and effective.
How to Prep Your Skin Before Bikini Wax?
Just like how you would brush your teeth before you see a dentist, some prep is required before you go for your bikini waxing appointment.
Here are some easy-to-follow things that you must keep in mind:
- Make sure that you at least have a quarter inch of hair down there before you book yourself a bikini hair removal appointment.
- Exfoliate your bikini area with a gentle body scrub from a week before your appointment so that you get rid of the dead skin cells and the hair gets removed easily.
- Wear loose clothes to your appointment so that you don’t face any discomfort after the waxing is done.
- Pee before you enter your bikini waxing room so that you don’t face any discomfort in the middle of your waxing session.
- Avoid scheduling a bikini hair removal appointment five days before your period, during it, and immediately after it gets over.
Types of Bikini Wax
Yes, there are different types of bikini waxing depending on how much hair you want down there. Here are the most common bikini waxing types that you can go for.
1. Basic Bikini Wax
A basic bikini wax is a perfect fit for first-timers. In this, the salon professional will wax any hair that is outside your bikini bottom.
2. Full Bikini Wax
A full bikini wax is a level up from the basic bikini wax and is also referred to as a triangle bikini wax. In this, your pubic hair is waxed and shaped in the form of a triangle.
3. Landing Strip
The landing strip type of bikini wax is also referred to as the French bikini wax. In this, the waxing professional will leave just a rectangular patch of hair in the front.
4. Deep Bikini Wax
A deep bikini line wax is great for women who want to wear a high-waisted bikini bottom as it resembles getting Brazilian wax from the front.
5. Full Brazilian Bikini Wax
A full Brazilian bikini wax means going totally bare down there. In this, the waxing professional will remove all the hair in the vagina area, giving you the ultimate freedom to wear the skimpiest bikini bottoms of your choice.
Post-Waxing Care Tips
There are a few handy tips that you must pay heed to after you go for a bikini line hair removal. Here are some things you must keep in mind.
- Don’t wear a bikini and be out in the sun for at least 48 hours after your waxing appointment as your skin will be sensitive.
- Avoid exercising, engaging in sex, or strenuous activity for at least two to three days after your appointment.
- Avoid taking long hot baths for a day or two after you get a bikini wax.
How Much Does Bikini Wax Cost?
This depends on what type of bikini wax you are planning to get done and from where. Generally, salons charge anywhere between Rs 1,200- Rs 4,500 for bikini waxing.
We recommend while booking your appointment you clearly mention to the waxing professionals how much hair you want them to remove so that they can quote a price accordingly.
Laser Hair Reduction Treatment
Feel like bikini waxing is too painful and not your cup of tea? That is where makeO skinnsi’s bikini laser hair reduction treatment comes into the picture. It is convenient, permanent, and will save you a lot of money in the long run.
You don’t have to commute for your bikini hair removal appointment as the skinnsi pros will come to your doorstep and will carry out the laser hair reduction treatment at your abode. makeO skinnsi laser hair removal treatments are carried out by dermatologists trained therapists and you will see a mind-boggling 90% hair reduction with just 6-8 sessions.
So, when are you booking a bikini laser hair reduction appointment with us?
1. Is it better to shave or wax down there?
Waxing your bikini area is better than shaving it as shaving increases your chances of suffering from ingrown hair. Not just that, waxing results last much longer than that of shaving.
2. Should I wax or laser down my bikini area?
Laser hair reduction treatment for your bikini area is an ideal choice if you are looking for a permanent hair removal solution.
3. Is bikini waxing embarrassing?
No, bikini line waxing is not at all embarrassing. It is okay to feel intimidated if it is your first time. We recommend that you prep well and ask all your questions to the waxing professional before your appointment to ease out all your worries.
4. Should I trim my pubic hair before my waxing appointment?
Yes, you can trim your pubic hair before your bikini waxing appointment. Make sure that you keep at least a quarter inch of hair so that it becomes easy to remove them during your waxing appointment.
5. How long does a bikini wax last?
For most people, a bikini wax will last at least 6 weeks. This depends on your hair growth and your hormone level.
other related articles