5 Tips on How and When to Apply Serum on Face
90 found this useful
Hello, skincare enthusiasts! Are you ready to delve deeper into the fascinating world of face serums? It's time to shed some light on this skincare wonder, guide you on how to extract the most out of it and answer some of the questions that have been bugging you for a while.
Introduction to Face Serums
Chances are, you've already heard about face serums. These light, quick-absorbing liquids are packed with active ingredients that promise to cater to all your skin's needs. From hydration to anti-ageing, from treating acne to pigmentation - facial serums have got you covered. They are often designed to target specific skin issues, and with serums like our own makeO skinnsi ace ageless potent serum and acne away serum, you're guaranteed a potent and targeted treatment for your skin woes.
Benefits of Face Serums
- One of the primary serums for face benefits is that they're concocted with a high concentration of active ingredients.
- They penetrate deeper into the skin, delivering a very high concentration of active ingredients, which makes them a great tool for targeting specific skincare concerns.
- They are typically lightweight and easy to use too.
- They are hydrating and soothing for the skin.
- Serums can be absorbed quickly by the skin and don’t leave behind a layer of greasiness.
- Another remarkable serum for face benefits is its versatility. Be it the makeO skinnsi ace ageless potent serum that works wonders on ageing skin, or the acne away serum that helps combat breakouts, there's a serum designed to cater to every skin type and concern.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Face Serums
1. Timing Matters
When is the right time to apply serum on the face? The rule of thumb is to apply it right after cleansing and toning but before moisturising. This allows the serum to deliver the active ingredients deep into your skin.
Recent studies have also shown that doing your nighttime skincare routine is perfect when done during the sunset. As our bodies have internal clocks and circadian rhythms that push our skin cells to begin cell repair post-sunset, applying your favourite serums during this time can give you more impact!
2. Less is More
Overdoing your serum can cause your skin to react. Just a few drops or pumps are sufficient to cover your entire face and neck. Remember that if you take too much serum, it can feel heavy, greasy and clog your pores too!
3. Pat, Don’t Rub
Pat the serum gently onto your skin instead of rubbing it. It helps the product penetrate better without causing any unnecessary friction. Rubbing a serum may be less effective and cause waste of product too.
4. Consistency is Key
Using your facial serums consistently is critical. Apply it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night for the best results. Make sure to never skip a day and religiously use your serums to get the best possible results.
5. Choose According to Skin Concern
From hydrating serums to brightening ones, picking one that caters to your specific skin needs is essential. Like our acne away serum for acne-prone skin or the makeO skinnsi ace ageless potent serum for those concerned with ageing.
Choosing the wrong face serum for your skin concern and skin type can lead to irritation, inflammation, and clogging of pores. So, visit a dermatologist or an esthetician if you are confused about your skin and not sure which serums to pick.
Some additional tips to use face serums correctly include:
- Do your homework and check with your dermatologist about pairing serums.
- You can target 2-3 skin concerns by layering face serums. You simply need to make sure that the ingredients can go well together!
- Always use clean hands while applying your serum.
- Make sure to cleanse your face thoroughly before toning and only then go in with the serum.
- Remember that a serum works best when applied directly onto the skin. So always seal in the serum with a moisturiser and not the other way around!
Armed with these tips on how to use serum, you're all set to start your skincare journey. Face serums can be transformative for your skincare routine, and knowing when to apply the serum on face and how to use it correctly can make all the difference.
Want to get started on your serum journey with makeO skin(formely skinnsi)? Choose our acne-away potent serum if you are suffering from acne, dark spots, oily skin and more. It contains niacinamide, glycolic acid, retinol, and salicylic acid to fight active acne, lighten blemishes, even out skin tone and brighten your skin. Additionally, you can also choose our ace ageless potent serum with retinol liposomes and sodium hyaluronate, which boosts collagen, promotes the growth of new skin cells and fights fine lines and wrinkles!
1. When to apply serum on face?
Apply serum after cleansing and toning, but before moisturising.
2. How to use serum?
Apply a few drops on your face and neck, patting it in gently. Use twice daily for optimal results.
3. What are the serum for face benefits?
Serums offer concentrated active ingredients to target specific skin issues. They can hydrate, brighten, and even help tackle ageing and acne.
4. Can I use multiple serums?
Yes, but be careful not to overload your skin. It's best to apply thinner, water-based serums first followed by thicker, oil-based ones.
5. How long does it take for a serum to show its effects?
It varies from person to person and depends on the serum's purpose. Some see effects within a few weeks and for some, it might take a few months to see a noticeable difference.
other related articles