How to Exfoliate Your Skin Like a Pro Before and After Waxing?
88 found this useful
We all know that moisturising and exfoliating your skin are the key steps of a good skincare ritual. But did you know that exfoliation and waxing are closely associated with one another? You will often hear beauty experts recommend you exfoliate your skin before and after your waxing sessions.
Wondering how these two are linked and how you can prep your skin before and after your waxing sessions. Well, you are not alone. Read along as we share with you the exfoliation do’s and don'ts you must follow before and after your waxing appointment.
Exfoliation Do's and Don'ts To Remember Pre & Post Waxing Sessions
There are several benefits of exfoliating before and after your waxing session. Exfoliation before your waxing appointment makes your skin clean, soft, removes all the dead skin cells and minimises your risk of developing ingrown hair.
Similarly, exfoliation after a couple of days of your waxing session reduces the risk of ingrown hair. Here are some do’s and don'ts to remember before and after your waxing session:
- Never exfoliate your skin right before your waxing session as your skin is more prone to rip if you do so.
- Dry brush your skin and use a gentle body scrubber regularly to remove all the dead skill cells, promote circulation and boost your skin’s cell turnover.
- If your skin is cut or scraped, wax the area only after it is completely healed.
- You must never moisturise before your waxing appointment as the creams and lotions can clog your pores and cause the wax to slip off.
- Be consistent with your waxing appointments to regulate your hair growth. Your hair shouldn’t be too long or too short. Experts recommend you have at least 1/4th of an inch of hair before you book yourself a waxing appointment.
- Don’t be in the sun for too long for at least a couple of days after your waxing session.
- Avoid taking a hot shower for at least 24-48 hours after your waxing appointment.
- Try wearing loose clothes after your waxing session so that your clothes don’t rub against your skin and cause skin irritation and ingrown hair.
- Use a good moisturiser the following days after your waxing session as your skin tends to look and feel dry after waxing.
Here is how to exfoliate before waxing :
- Make sure you clear your skin with a gentle body wash or soap to ensure that you get rid of dirt and grime.
- Either use a store-bought exfoliator or make a DIY exfoliating body scrubber and use it 2-3 times a week to exfoliate your skin.
- Remember that you must exfoliate at least 24-48 hours before your waxing appointment.
Here is how to exfoliate after waxing:
- Give your skin at least 2-3 days to heal and let the pores close before you exfoliate your skin. If you don’t give time for your skin to heal, then you might further aggravate the redness and the irritation.
- Invest in a nourishing shea butter or make a nourishing exfoliator using ingredients from your pantry and gently massage your skin. You can consider using an exfoliating glove or a pumice stone for enhanced effect.
- Don’t just exfoliate once and forget about it. Make sure that you exfoliate often to reduce the risk of getting ingrown hair.
- Lastly, use a nourishing and hydrating moisturiser right after you exfoliate your skin to lock in the moisture and get smooth and supple skin.
Choose Laser Hair Removal by makeO skin(formely skinnsi)
The final verdict is that exfoliating means to thoroughly scrub your skin and get rid of the dirt, grime and dead skin cells which can clog your pores and hair follicles and cause ingrown hair.
Want to ditch the painful and daunting waxing sessions? No matter which body party you want to get waxed, from your underarms, face, legs, stomach to chest and bikini area, we offer them all at the best price ever! makeO skin(formely skinnsi) laser hair removal treatment now makes it possible for you to go hair-free from the comfort of your abode.
makeO skin(formely skinnsi) laser hair removal treatment is safe, long-lasting, easy on the pocket and above all a painless and fuss-free experience. We are famous for our unique 4-wavelength ice-cool laser technology which helps in getting rid of all types of hair from fine, to medium to thick and is safe for all types of skin tones. Want to know the best part? This rare technology soothes your skin and ensures that your hair removal experience is seamless and comfortable.
Can I exfoliate right after waxing?
The rule is to wait for at least 2-3 days after your waxing session to exfoliate your skin. This is to ensure that you don’t irritate or traumatise your freshly waxed skin.
How soon after exfoliating can you wax?
You can book a waxing appointment a day or two after you indulge in a gentle exfoliating session at home. This will ensure that you show up with smooth and clean skin for your waxing session.
Can I use coconut oil after waxing?
Yes, you can use pure coconut oil to soothe and cool your skin after a waxing session. This is a useful home remedy, especially for people who have extremely sensitive skin.
What happens if you don't exfoliate after waxing?
If you don’t exfoliate your skin after waxing, then you increase the chances of you getting ingrown hair and clogged pores.
other related articles