What is Chin Acne? Can You Get Rid Of It?
89 found this useful
Acne can be a hard battle to fight when you don’t have the right knowledge on causes, treatments and prevention tips at your disposal. This is especially true for stubborn and annoying chin acne. If you face bumps and pimples on your chin again and again and no chin acne treatment seems to work on it, then you must stop and understand what’s happening with your skin.
What is Chin Acne?
Chin or Jaw acne consists of all kinds of blemishes like whiteheads, blackheads, red bumps, pus pimples and more that appear on the chin area. Acne in the chin area is generally caused by hormonal imbalances however, there are a few more reasons why it occurs.
Chin Acne Causes
- Hormonal imbalances
When hormones are fluctuating in the body during menstrual cycles, pregnancy and menopause, women tend to face hormonal chin acne. Even stopping or starting birth control pills affects the testosterone levels in the body which is one of the main chin acne reasons.
- No exfoliation
We often forget to exfoliate the chin area carefully enough while washing our face or using an exfoliant. This leads to an excess of dead skin cells and sebum which clogs the pores and results in acne around the chin.
Using the same face masks, wearing tight scarves, or forgetting to clean your chin area regularly can keep bacteria from staying trapped on the surface of the skin. The presence of bacteria can cause severe forms of acne in the chin area.
How to Prevent Chin Acne?
There are some simple ways that you can avoid chin acne:
- Exfoliating the chin area regularly to avoid excess oil or dead skin cells. This will keep the pores clear and your skin acne-free.
- Cleansing your face regularly to avoid the presence of germs. Make sure to change your face masks often and avoid wearing tight ones.
- As a rule, never sleep with your make-up on as this can also trigger chin acne.
- Keep your hormonal imbalances in check by eating healthy and wholesome food. Avoid dairy, sugary and unhealthy food items which promote the overproduction of sebum that leads to chin acne.
What Are Some Chin Acne Treatments You Should Try?
- You can spot-treat chin acne by using over-the-counter acne-fighting creams and gels with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- Check with your doctor and begin using a retinoid to fight acne and smoothen the skin in the chin region.
- Check with your dermatologist if your moderate to severe acne requires oral medication and follow the course if it does to rid yourself of chin acne.
- Use pimple stickers or patches to not only avoid picking on chin acne but also heal it.
Acne Treatment at makeO skin(formely skinnsi)
Along with the chin acne treatment methods mentioned above, you can also explore and choose makeO skin(formely skinnsi) acne treatments which are extremely effective while being gentle on the skin. Our acne treatments are powered by clinically-backed ingredients to give your skin a breath of fresh air with services like chemical peels, and acne scar reductions. You can also check out our oil control facials for keeping the oil levels in check on your skin and preventing acne. makeO skin(formely skinnsi) oil control facial is perfect if you are looking for ways to prevent chin acne and keep your skin pure and rejuvenated!
Chin Acne: FAQs
What causes acne on the chin?
The three main chin acne causes include
- Hormonal imbalances
- No exfoliation
- Presence of bacteria on the skin
How do I get rid of my chin acne?
You can get rid of your chin acne with spot treatments, oral medications, pimple stickers, eating healthy and undergoing makeO skin(formely skinnsi) acne treatment.
What foods get rid of chin acne?
Eat colourful fruits and vegetables like carrots, oranges, spinach, beans, tomatoes, blueberries, etc with quinoa, brown rice, legumes etc as they are skin-friendly foods which can improve your skin texture and quality.
Does drinking water help chin acne?
Yes, drinking water is known to greatly help prevent and reduce all kinds of acne including chin acne. Water helps you flush out the toxins in your body and can eliminate the toxins present near the chin area!
other related articles