How To Apply Sunscreen Like a Pro: Tips & Tricks
80 found this useful
We are not going to bore you with why you must apply sunscreen. We know you are smart and know how sunscreen is the building block of any skincare routine. However, the real question is are you applying your sunscreen the right way? We are talking about everything, from which SPF to choose, how much to apply, when to apply to how to apply.
Not sure you are getting the maximum benefits of your sunscreen by applying it the ideal way? Read along as we share with you tips and hacks that will make you a pro at applying sunscreen this summer.
How to Choose the Right Sunscreen For Your Skin
So, what are some of the primary factors that you need to keep in mind while shopping for sunblock? Here are a few expert sunscreen application tips and hacks that will change your sun protection game for the good.
- Always pick a waterproof product as you will be sweating and taking dips while you are wearing your sunscreen.
- Pick a sunscreen that gives you at least an SPF of 30 for decent protection from the harsh UV rays.
- Choose a water-based sunscreen if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
- If your current sunscreen is causing you skin woes. Don’t hesitate to switch your sunscreen and try a new one as every sunscreen has different ingredients.
Importance of SPF in Sunscreen
Sun Protection factor, commonly referred to as SPF is the ability of your sunscreen to protect you against the harsh glares of the sun which are known to cause sunburn, skin cancer and accelerate your skin’s ageing.
If you are going to spend extended time in the summer, then you must choose an SPF of at least 30 or above for the best results. Make sure that you pick a sunscreen that says ‘ broad spectrum’ on its bottle as that will protect you from both UVA and UVB rays.
How To Apply Sunscreen The Right Way
Now that you know the importance of choosing a sunscreen with a higher SPF, here is how to apply sunscreen on your face in a way that provides maximum protection against the sun.
- Make sure that you apply your sunscreen at least 15 minutes before you step outside your house in the morning. This will give your sunscreen enough time to activate before you go out.
- Reapply your sunscreen every two hours if you are out for a long time.
- The first step of applying sunscreen is to shake your sunscreen well. This will ensure that the particles don’t get stuck at the bottom of your bottle.
- Be generous when it comes to applying your sunscreen. Apply at least an ounce on your entire body.
Looking for a sunscreen that is not greasy and matte for your oily or acne-prone skin? Look no further than makeO skinssi’s sun smart ultra matte cream gel sunscreen that is vegan, cruelty-free, fragrance-free and paraben-free. This sunscreen has an impressive SPF of 50+ and boasts a broad spectrum which gives you complete protection from the sun. It is also packed with the goodness of Vitamin C which brightens your skin and makes it look youthful and radiant.
Fight Sun Damage With makeO skinnsi
No matter what you are looking for, sunscreens, serums, cleansers or moisturisers, makeO skinnsi has them all and more. Feel like your skin can use some extra love and care to combat wrinkles, fine lines and acne scars?
Call our makeO pros at your home and get clinic-standard skin treatments like acne treatment, hydra facial, derma facial and anti-ageing treatment done from the luxury of your home.
FAQs on How to Apply Sunscreen:
Should you apply sunscreen daily?
Wondering how to use your sunscreen correctly? Slather your sunscreen every day on your body instead of just using them when you have a beach day for the best results.
Do expensive sunscreens give more sun protection?
Remember that costly doesn’t always mean better. So, rather than buying an expensive sunscreen, choose one that suits your skin the best.
Should we apply anything after sunscreen?
No, you should apply sunscreen as the final step of your morning skincare routine.
What happens if I apply moisturiser after sunscreen?
It may change the properties of your sunscreen and serve to be counterproductive.
Can I apply sunscreen directly after face wash?
It is recommended that you start with a gentle face wash, then a toner and followed by a lightweight, non-comedogenic moisturiser. After this, apply your sunscreen as the last step of your morning skincare regime.
other related articles