How to Do a Face Clean Up at Home Like a Pro?
88 found this useful
A true skincare junkie knows that a face clean up happens to be a crucial part of your skincare regime. No matter how hectic your schedule feels like, we recommend you indulge in a face clean up at home every 7-10 days for glowing and youthful skin.
Not sure what a face clean up entails? Have acne-prone skin and wondering whether a face clean up is safe for your skin type?
Read along as we tell you more about face clean up and tell you how you can pamper your skin with a rejuvenating face clean up from the comfort of your abode.
Key Difference Between a Face Clean up and a Facial
People often use the terms face clean up and a facial interchangeably but they are not the same. Clueless about what is the difference between a clean up and a facial? Here are the primary differences between a face clean up and a facial that you must know.
- It is a comparatively longer procedure and takes about an hour or an hour and a half to get done.
- Generally, special products are used during a facial.
- A facial includes a relaxing facial massage.
- You can consider indulging in a facial once every 30-45 days to pamper your skin and get smooth and supple skin.
Face Clean Up
- It only takes 30-45 minutes to get a facial clean up done at home.
- Typically, no special products like oils or creams are used during a facial cleanup.
- A face clean up doesn’t include a massage.
- A face clean up is not a luxury. You must consider doing a face clean up at least once in a week or two for gorgeous skin.
Is Clean Up Safe For Acne-Prone Skin?
Wondering whether a face clean up is good for pimples? Yes, a face clean up is good for acne-prone skin. However, you can consider consulting your dermatologist and discussing your face clean up routine for safety precautions. In fact, there are a plethora of benefits of a face clean up, especially if you have acne-prone skin.
Here are some of the surprising benefits of face clean up for people who have acne-prone skin.
- It unclogs pores which happens to be one of the main factors that leads to acne breakouts.
- A face clean up helps your skin stay hydrated and well-nourished.
- A face clean up boosts your collagen production and cell turnover which helps in making your acne scars and blemishes fade away.
- It helps to soothe inflammation, redness and itchiness which is a boon for people who have chronic acne breakouts.
Can You Do a Face Clean Up Routine at Home?
Who says you have to go to a salon to get a face clean up done? You can do a face cleanup routine from the convenience and privacy of your home.
New to the world of skincare? Here are a few simple face clean up steps in which you can carry out a salon-standard face clean up at home using store-bought skin care products or natural ingredients.
- The first step of a face clean up at home is to cleanse your face with lukewarm water and a gentle, non-comedogenic face cleanser.
- Next, indulge in a face sauna or steam for about 7-10 minutes. Taking steam unclogs your pores and naturally moisturises your face.
- After this, gently exfoliate your face with a scrub for 5-7 minutes. This step will get rid of all the dead skin cells from your skin and stimulate blood flow in your face.
- You can then indulge in a DIY face pack that will get rid of the dirt and grime from the deeper layers of your skin and leave you with soft, smooth and radiant skin.
- After a face pack, you must tone your skin with a store-bought toner or natural toners like rose water, cucumber or aloe vera to maintain the pH balance of your skin.
- Lastly, lather your face with a hydrating moisturiser that will seal in the moisture, prevent dryness and slow down your skin’s ageing.
Book Acne Treatment With makeO skin(formely skinnsi)
Frustrated with your acne scars and blemishes and want flawless skin? Choose makeO skin(formely skinnsi) acne scar treatment and thank us later! makeO skin(formely skinnsi) has a well-curated list of advanced skincare treatments like derma facial, hydra facial treatment and anti-ageing treatments, which will help you fall in love with your skin again.
We all know that having a good skincare ritual is the key to healthy and radiant skin. Not happy with your current skincare products? Consider adding makeO skin(formely skinnsi) superior-quality skincare products like sunscreens, sheet masks, acne serums and face cleansers which are carefully formulated to suit different skin types.
1. Is a face clean up good for your skin?
Yes, regular face cleanup helps to get rid of the dirt, debris, sweat and dead skin cells from your face and keeps it healthy and glowing.
2. How often should you indulge in a face clean up?
Most dermatologists recommend people to indulge in a face clean up once every 7-10 days for the best results.
3. What to keep in mind while doing a face cleanup at home?
Remember to be gentle with your skin when you are doing a face cleanup at home. Make sure that you use only those products and ingredients that suit your skin.
4. Can face clean up have side effects?
Though it is very rare, some people might witness mild side effects like redness, breakouts, or discomfort after a face cleanup. If you experience any of these symptoms, consult your dermatologist immediately.
other related articles