Body Polishing - Benefits and Why you should Opt for the Treatment?
88 found this useful
With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, our skin is bound to face the consequences of looking dull, tired and bereft of nourishment. Skin treatments like body polishing come to our rescue to solve such problems. Whether it is a general feeling of wanting to up your skincare game or you have something important coming up for which you want your skin to glow and feel rejuvenated, body polishing can easily help you achieve that within a matter of a few hours!
Body polishing is an exfoliation activity in which the skin on your entire body is cleansed and exfoliated to reveal smooth, new skin without dead skin cells and clogged pores. You can do a body polishing activity at home or choose a skin service or a salon for this treatment too.
Why Should You Opt for Body Polishing Treatment?
There are many reasons why body polishing is a great treatment for all. Here are a few reasons why you should opt for this:
- It exfoliates dead skin cells that make the skin look dull and tired. This makes way for new skin to take its place.
- It removes dirt and oil which unclogs pores and prevents acne and bumps to appear on the skin.
- It boosts blood flow and circulation which improves overall skin health.
- It promotes cell regeneration and healthy skin
3 Ways You Can Opt for Body Polishing
As we have mentioned before, body polishing can be done at home, at a salon and as a treatment by professionals too. There are a few details and differences between each type. Find out the best body polishing option for you here:
1. Body Polishing At Home
There are two main things required if you want to do body polishing at home. An oil base and an exfoliant. Having a loofah and a pumice stone will also greatly help you. Here’s how you can do an at-home body polishing
- Open your pores up by taking steam or by standing under a warm shower. Once your pores are open they will be more susceptible to exfoliation.
- Then gently pat dry your skin and apply oil. The oil will nourish your skin and relax it. You can use essential oils, aloe vera, honey, coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil etc in this step as well.
- Then take your natural exfoliant- this can be sugar, salt, coffee grounds, walnut powder etc.
- Gently exfoliate your skin using one of these ingredients to remove dead skin cells. Once you’re done, rinse with warm water and avoid soap.
2. Body Polishing At A Salon
While the basics remain the same, salos generally offer specific types of body polishing and use creams and formulations that are for specific skin concerns. For example, salons may offer body polishing for glowing skin, tan removal, etc. So if your concerns are a bit more specific, you can always choose body polishing at a salon!
3. Body Polishing Treatment with makeO skin(formely skinnsi)
If you want a more effective body polishing treatment that lasts for at least a few weeks, you can choose makeO skin(formely skinnsi) derma polishing unisex service. This procedure lasts 3 hours and easily removes the dead skin cells on your body and brings out fresh and glowing skin. It hydrates the skin, lightens dark spots and covers several body parts like the back, face, hands, and legs. We use the latest hydra technology and hydra dermabrasion to remove impurities with the help of lactic acid and glycolic acid to reduce pigmentation and exfoliate without harming the skin!
Body polishing typically lasts for a month and is an extensive and rigorous method so doing it every month or once in two months is ideal. Make sure to be gentle during exfoliation if you are doing it at home as the procedure can otherwise cause extreme dryness, irritation and redness too.
FAQs for Body Polishing
What is done in full body polishing?
Body polishing is when the full body is exfoliated to remove dead skin cells and bring back new, fresh and glowing skin. It also improves blood flow, reduces dirt and oil and promotes cell regeneration.
Does body polishing whiten skin?
Body polishing will even out your skin tone and multiple sessions get you rid of dark spots too, however, it does not whiten skin.
Is skin polishing safe?
Since body polishing only involves an oil massage and exfoliation, it is completely safe for all skin types, genders and ages.
How long does body polishing last?
Body polishing can last for a few weeks to up to 2 months however most last a month.
other related articles