Top Makeup Tips If You Have Acne Prone Skin
76 found this useful
Who says acne means no makeup? While makeup itself doesn’t necessarily cause acne, research shows that certain makeup products can worsen your acne breakouts.
What does this actually mean? This means that people who suffer from acne breakouts simply don’t have the luxury of picking up random makeup products from makeup isles. You need to be extra conscious about which makeup products you pick and thoroughly scan the ingredients mentioned at the back of the products before you bring them home if you have acne-prone skin.
Trying to figure out which makeup products to add to your skincare kit which you can wear on your acne skin without further damaging it? Read along to discover a few amazing tips that will help you choose the best makeup products for your acne-prone skin.
What is Acne Prone Skin?
Acne-prone skin means that unfortunately acne is not a teenage skin woe for you but rather a chronic skin condition that you have to deal with. Dirt, pollution, poor skincare, stress, and improper can all clog your pores and cause acne breakouts.
Exhausted dealing with your acne? Get in touch with the folks at makeO skin (formely skinnsi) and consider opting for our acne treatment that will give you radiant, smooth, and flawless skin.
Why Acne prone skin is Sensitive to Makeup?
Acne skin and makeup aren’t really a great match. This is because if your makeup products prevent your skin’s cell turnover and clog your pores and don’t let the natural oils escape from your skin, it is prone to pimples and acne breakouts.
Hence, you must invest in skin care products and makeup for acne scars that work well with your type of skin.
Tips to Apply Makeup on Acne Prone Skin
If you are a makeup lover and cannot stop wearing makeup even when you have breakouts, here are a few hacks and tips that will ensure that you apply your makeup the right way without further aggravating your acne breakout.
- Allow your skin to breathe every once in a while by going make-up free for a few days.
- It is important that you prep your skin before you apply make up. This means that you must thoroughly wash your face, exfoliate and moisturise before you apply makeup.
- Make sure that you use SPF every day before you apply your makeup for acne skin as sun damage further causes skin irritation and worsens your acne woes.
- Don’t share makeup applicators with your girlfriends as it can cause cross-contamination.
- Never go to bed with makeup on as it is a sure-shot way of ruining your skin.
- Use clean makeup brushes to apply your makeup. Make sure that you wash your beauty blender and brushes every few days so that they are free from dirt, dust, and bacteria.
- Invest in matte and oil-free acne makeup products which don’t have excess moisture.
What to Avoid?
Looking for makeup for acne-prone skin as you enjoy makeup too much to give it up? Here are a few products that you must avoid buying to ensure that you don’t make it worse for yourself.
- Avoid buying acne makeup that has alcohol or other drying ingredients which hamper your skin’s natural exfoliating and cell turnover process.
- Avoid heavy liquid foundations which can trap dirt and oil and block pores.
- Avoid products that are occlusive, meaning they lay heavy on your skin and block your pores.
Is it Ok to Apply Makeup on Breakouts?
Yes, you can apply makeup even when you are breaking out. Just make sure that you switch to a lighter formula and don’t cake your face with makeup products when you are breaking out. Remember ‘Less is more’ when it comes to makeup for acne-prone skin.
We recommend that you observe which makeup products work for you and which don’t and accordingly build your makeup kit that suits you best.
What to Do if you have Constant Breakouts?
Tired of dealing with chronic acne woes? Choose makeO skin (formely skinnsi) at-home acne treatment service and say goodbye to acne forever. Our dermatologist-trained therapists are known for their premium quality service and will leave you with smooth and supple skin.
Curious to know more about makeO skin (formely skinnsi) at-home skin treatments? Get in touch with our makeO skin (formely skinnsi) pros today to get flawless and youthful skin.
FAQs on makeup for acne prone skin
1. Can I wear makeup with acne prone skin?
Yes, dermatologists say that it is okay to wear makeup on acne prone skin as long as you choose makeup products for acne prone skin with the right ingredients.
2. Which makeup is best for acne prone skin?
Makeup products that are matte, oil-free, non-comedogenic, and ones that won’t clog your skin pores are best for acne prone skin.
3. Is powder foundation better for acne?
Yes, a powder foundation is much better than a liquid foundation for acne prone skin as a liquid foundation is believed to further worsen your acne breakouts.
4. Does primer cause acne?
Most primers contain heavy silicon which fills and clog your pores and makes it difficult for sebum to exit your skin pores leading to acne breakouts.
5. How do I keep my face acne free?
By eating a proper diet, choosing a quality shampoo, picking acne makeup products consciously, and using a high-quality sunscreen, you can try to prevent an acne breakout on your face.
other related articles