Here are the 5 Best Serum Ingredients for Ageing Skin
90 found this useful
In today’s world of filters, social media and sensational beauty products, we are all chasing the timeless, youthful and glowing look. From makeup products, and lifestyle changes to facial exercises, we try it all to hide any signs of ageing that dare to crop up. And anti-ageing skincare, especially anti-ageing serums are one such important way of fighting ageing skin!
What are anti-ageing serums?
Anti-ageing serums are active complex formulations with a gel-like or water-like consistency that are produced to specifically target ageing skin problems like fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, loose skin, dullness, spots etc. Anti-ageing serums contain higher concentrations of active ingredients in comparison to moisturisers and eye creams which is what makes them more effective for ageing skin.
But what are these ingredients present in anti-ageing serums? Read on to find out!
Ingredients You Need To Look For in Anti-Ageing Serums
One of the most powerful anti-ageing ingredients ever, retinol is a form of Vitamin A that is responsible for boosting collagen production and promoting skin cell turnover. Retinol hence is able to work on evening out skin texture, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, improving elasticity in the skin and giving an overall healthier skin texture.
2. Hyaluronic acid
As we age, our skin’s natural ability to retain moisture reduces and so does its quantity of natural hyaluronic acid. Hence using a serum that contains hyaluronic acid, a powerful humectant, can resurge hydration in the skin, prevent dryness and bring back the plump and bouncy feeling in your skin.
Another great ingredient to boost skin elasticity and collagen production is peptides. They are essential amino acids that reduce wrinkles and make your skin appear more youthful. Peptide complexes are more combinations of peptides used to target specific skin concerns and are quite powerful in fighting signs of ageing.
Lastly, antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E, etc are vital for brightening up the skin and fighting dull aged skin. This is why antioxidants are abundantly found in many anti-ageing serums. They even out skin tones and give a bright glow to the skin which boosts appearance and makes one look younger!
Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 is also another effective anti-ageing ingredient. It controls oil production, fades dark spots, fights hyperpigmentation and improves the skin barrier too. Niacinamide also fights fine lines, wrinkles and more!
Tips To Use an Anti-Ageing Serum
- Always do a patch test before you choose to apply and use a serum regularly. This way you can check if the serum suits your skin.
- Make sure to check a serum’s ingredient list and research it before making a purchase. Ensure that the serum you buy targets your particular skin concern.
- Before applying a serum, wash your hands. Then wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Use a toner on your skin before applying an anti-ageing serum.
- You can always layer your serums for different skin concerns.
- Remember, serums work best when they are gently dabbed or patted into the skin's surface. So avoid excessive rubbing.
- Once you have finished applying your anti-ageing serum, you must make sure to lock it in with a moisturiser. A moisturiser will ensure that the serums are working their magic on your skin while keeping your skin nourished.
Looking for a new anti-ageing serum but don’t know which to pick? Check out makeO skinnsi’s ace ageless potent serum. Dermatologically backed, for smooth and plump skin, this serum contains retinol, sodium hyaluronate, and Argireline. These three ingredients fight wrinkles, fine lines and more, replace lost moisture and give a plump and radiant feel to the skin and help boost collagen production too. So, if you want to get started with your anti-ageing journey, choose skinnsi ace ageless potent serum!
FAQs on best serum ingredients for ageing skin
What is the best serum for anti-ageing?
There are many anti-ageing serums in the market but the best serums always contain super ingredients like retinol or hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and more. makeO skinnsi’s ace ageless potent serum is a great option to kickstart your journey to youthful skin. It contains retinol, sodium hyaluronate, and Argireline which boosts collagen, hydrates the skin and brings a youthful radiance to your face.
Do serums work for anti-ageing?
Yes, serums are skincare products that are filled with active complex ingredients in higher concentrations that target specific skin concerns like acne, ageing, dullness and more. So when you regularly use an anti-ageing serum, its ingredients like retinol, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid etc work on your skin to boost collagen production, promote skin elasticity and slow down the signs of ageing.
Is vitamin C serum used as an anti-ageing serum?
Yes, Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that when used consistently can fight pigmentation, dark spots, and uneven skin tone. As a result, using vitamin C in your anti-ageing regimen is sure to make your skin brighter and younger looking.
How can I reduce ageing on my face?
- While ageing is a natural process that cannot be stopped, you can take these measures to slow it down:
- Wearing SPF 50 sunscreen daily and reapplying your sunscreen every few hours can help protect from sun damage and ageing skin
- Creating a full anti-ageing skincare routine with an effective anti-ageing serum like makeO skinnsi’s ace ageless potent serum, a moisturiser, and an eye cream
- Going for regular derma facials for anti-ageing can help greatly in promoting collagen production and reviving skin elasticity and cell turnover.
other related articles