Men’s Moisturisers vs Women’s Moisturisers: All You Need to Know
found this useful
We have all been to supermarkets and noticed sections of men’s personal care items to be coloured and marketed in black, grey or blue tones and in contrast, women’s personal care items to be sold in pink, white, and red shades. Evidently, we cannot ignore that most items men and women use to groom themselves are shown to be entirely different. This is even true for skincare products like moisturisers!
Now, you might stop and wonder why there is a distinction between men’s moisturiser and women’s moisturiser when a moisturiser is only meant to do two things: hydrate and nourish the skin! Then, how does gender come into play? Well, we are here to answer all your questions about the difference between men's vs women's moisturisers.
What is the difference between men's vs women's skin?
Before we get into the differences between the two types of moisturisers, we must discuss the lesser-known difference between men’s skin and women’s skin.
Studies have shown that there are a few differences between male and female skin.
- Men tend to have thicker skin than women due to higher collagen
- Men show signs of ageing much later due to the thickness of their skin and collagen
- The skin on men’s faces can be rougher due to the use of facial razors and trimmers
- Women have naturally softer and smoother skin which stops or reduces collagen production by menopause, causing signs of ageing to appear
- Women also tend to produce lesser oil and sweat than men, whose oil glands are far more active
Now that we’ve established the difference in male and female skin, let’s discuss the differences between face moisturiser for men and face moisturiser for women.
The Main Differences Between Men's Vs Women's Moisturisers
So now, since we know that there are a few differences between male and female skin, is there a difference between their skincare products, particularly moisturisers? Not really.
While some of the women’s skincare products may be more moisturising than those of men’s there is generally hardly any difference between the two. Most of the ingredients between men’s moisturisers and women’s moisturisers are actually common!
This means that a lot of products targeted at women can in reality even be used by men if they are facing those skin concerns and vice versa. So in short, you should buy and choose products like moisturisers based on your skin type and skin concerns only. And if you’re a woman who happens to come across a men’s moisturiser with great ingredients, then you can surely pick it up! (and vice versa)
Tipe to Keep In Mind While Shopping for a Face Moisturiser
- The main thing to remember while looking for new skincare products like moisturisers, serums, balms etc is that you have to first look at your skin.
- Understand your skin type first, and if you are not sure, visit a dermatologist and let them have a look.
- Once you know your skin type, understand your skin concerns. You may have hyperpigmentation, dryness or acne. Look up products for your skin type and skin concerns.
- Understand skincare ingredients and their functions. Then buy products after checking if they suit your skin type and match your skin concerns.
- And remember, you don’t have to worry about gender! Be it a men’s moisturiser or a women’s moisturiser, as long as it does what you need, you can pick it up!
Looking for a moisturiser that suits men and women of all skin types? We recommend makeO skin (formely skinnsi) happy hydrate ceramide face moisturiser. Enriched with shea butter, squalene and petrolatum, this clinically backed moisturiser is perfect for nourishing and hydrating the skin. Its vegan and cruelty-free formulation is devoid of any harsh chemicals and promises blemish-free, smooth and supple skin!
Want to learn more? Head to makeO skin (formely skinnsi) website now.
Difference between Men’s Vs Women’s Moisturiser: FAQs
Can women use any face moisturiser?
Yes, women can use any face moisturiser and are not restricted to one type of women's moisturiser. But, they must make sure to use only moisturisers that suit their skin type and address their unique skin concerns.
Can men use any face moisturiser?
Yes, men can use any face moisturiser and are not restricted to one type of men's moisturiser. But, they must make sure to use only moisturisers that suit their skin type and address their unique skin concerns.
other related articles